9.08.2009

Smile, Ryan Grant! Or Don't...

What's the deal with pro athletes lacking the ability to smile? After making an amazing dive catch in the outfield, a player will come up with the ball held triumphantly and lips forcibly pulled into either a scowl or neutral face. After a touchdown, a wide receiver might cross himself, spike the ball (gently), or even moon the crowd, but a smile? Forget it.

Green Bay Packers running back Ryan Grant may be one of the best examples of this I-can't-smile-because-I'm-too-tough mentality. Here he is looking tough on a night out on the town.

I'm scared.

Here he is in a laid-back, friendly interview.

Yikes.

And here he is having the time of his life at a fan meet and greet.

Whoa, Ryan Grant. Tone down the enthusiasm.

I don't think he has to go around grinning all the time and he probably wants a stern game face during games, but a smile always softens a face and shows some approachability after the game. Can't he do that occasionally off Lambeau Field? If you're reading this, Ryan Grant, flash me a smile sometime and I'll post it here. I'm sure many Green Bay Packers fans would love to see it!

1 comment:

  1. What a grump. I hope he's happier after the Packers beat the Bears this Sunday!

    ReplyDelete

Add some Green Bay Packer fun all your own--leave a message here!